Eating Clean Transformed Her Body, Now She Wants to Help You Do the Same
You’d never know it by looking at her now, but Lurin Carlin wasn’t always the most “food conscious”.
About 10 years ago, when she was newly married and spending time with her in-laws, Lurin realized her husband’s family stuck to a pretty “clean” diet. Completely organic, ton of fruits and vegetables. This was a foreign concept to Lurin, and she took a pass on cleaning up her poor diet for a while. Her mother-in-law, however, really encouraged her to cut sugar and processed foods from her daily meals.
Several years and two babies later, Lurin was still eating junk food, and thought she could easily peel off the post-pregnancy pounds with exercise and breastfeeding.
The lightbulb moment that changed everything for Lurin, was seeing her sister-in-law slim down almost immediately after having a baby. She was full of energy, and always felt great. Lurin, on the other hand, was constantly exhausted. She was having migraines all the time. Leg cramps. Stomach aches.
In 2015, Lurin decided she was going to try the 21 Day Fix®. The eating plan requires you to cut sugar and processed foods, and encourages followers to plan out their meal portions.
At first, starting the new plan was a struggle, but her mother-in-law kept encouraging her to stick with it. It didn’t happen overnight, but the cravings subsided. Lurin was noticing her health started to improve, and the the weight was melting off. According to Lurin, the new “clean-eating” lifestyle made her feel alive again.
As far as fitness was concerned, Lurin loved working out, so exercise wasn’t the issue. It was when she incorporated clean eating, that a total transformation happened with her body.
Within six months of starting this new lifestyle, Lurin had easily dropped twenty pounds.
She finally realized the most effective and sustainable way of eating, was focusing on macros. Macronutrients are proteins, fats, and carbs. Everyone needs a certain amount of each one, on a daily basis, to fuel their body efficiently and effectively. Lurin’s dramatic transformation, of course, led to friends and family asking how she did it. After a while, she decided to start taking on clients as a macro coach, helping people attain their health goals.
Next week, we’ll be talking to Lurin on the podcast. Tune in to hear a lot more about clean eating, and macros.
Click here to follow Lurin on Instagram.
This story was written by Lauren Connelly, frequent contributor to The Pāpur.
Edited by staff at The Pāpur.
- Sep 9, 2019 Downtown Cary Food & Flea - Doggies in the Spotlight Sep 9, 2019
- Sep 8, 2019 Cotton House’s Wildly Successful Fall Fest - Backyard Party Sep 8, 2019
- Aug 25, 2019 Day Two of Lazy Daze in Downtown Cary [PHOTOS} Aug 25, 2019
- Aug 24, 2019 Day One of Lazy Daze in Downtown Cary [PHOTOS] Aug 24, 2019
- Aug 23, 2019 Bond Brothers 5k-featuring bluegrass band, ShadowGrass-September 28th Aug 23, 2019
- Aug 11, 2019 The L.O.V.E. Show - Coming to The Cary Theater on August 31st Aug 11, 2019
- Aug 11, 2019 Downtown Cary Food and Flea [PHOTOS] Aug 11, 2019
- Aug 10, 2019 Zoocrü at the Sertoma Amphitheater in Cary [PHOTOS] Aug 10, 2019
- Aug 6, 2019 Hustle Fitness Studio: Finding Strength in Community Aug 6, 2019
- Jul 17, 2019 And Just Like That, It's Over Jul 17, 2019
- Jul 15, 2019 Cary's Downtown Chowdown Food Truck Rally-Photo Recap Jul 15, 2019
- Jul 14, 2019 Cary City Meet-A Scorcher In and Out of the Pool for Area's Young Swimmers Jul 14, 2019
- Jul 11, 2019 Emergence Bioenergetics Finds New Home in Downtown Cary Jul 11, 2019
- Jul 10, 2019 Cary Imps Fall in Cross Town Meet Against The Sea Lions of Scottish Hills Jul 10, 2019
- Jul 3, 2019 Cary Imps Ride the Wellsley Wave to Victory Jul 3, 2019
- Jun 26, 2019 Otters Swim Away With Narrow Victory Over Imps Jun 26, 2019
- Jun 20, 2019 Beyond The Film Festival Kicked Off Last Night at the Fountain Jun 20, 2019
- Jun 19, 2019 Imps Bounce Back, Travelling to Slay the Sea Dragons of Scotts Mill Jun 19, 2019
- Jun 13, 2019 Town of Cary Witnessed a Beautiful Rainbow Thursday Night Jun 13, 2019
- Jun 12, 2019 Cary Imps Bitten Hard by the Weatherstone Sharks Jun 12, 2019
- Jun 4, 2019 Downtown Cary Business Hits Homerun with Client Appreciation Night at Durham Bulls Game Jun 4, 2019
- May 30, 2019 Ways to Keep Your Lawn and Garden Hydrated When Rain is Scarce and Temps are High May 30, 2019